BENALU REVOLUTIONIZES THE TIPPING SEMI-TRAILERS WITH ITS FULLY CONNECTED VEHICLE
The BENALU group announces the release of a major innovation for the safety of people and goods: EASY SECURITY, the first fully connected tipping semi-trailer in the world.
The use of a safe tipping trailer involves the systematic control of the status of several of its components at each loading / unloading operation and at each vehicle movement. These control operations (condition of the door, the underride bar, the tarpaulin, the load, etc.) are time-consuming and penalize the profitability of the carriers. However, they are critical to the safety of people and property, and their negligence may (i) result in significant damage repair costs and (ii) engage the responsibility of the transportation company executives.
That is why the BENALU group has been working since 2017 to develop the first fully connected tipper semi-trailer.
Renaud Sueur, CEO of the BENALU group declares: « As a manufacturer of industrial vehicles, it is our responsibility to provide our customers with safe vehicles that offer the means to avoid damage to people and property as much as possible. It is in this spirit that the BENALU teams have developed the EASY SECURITY solution which is a world premiere for such a complete solution. » « This revolutionary solution brings safety and productivity to our carrier customers!» Rejoices Renaud Sueur.
The EASY SECURITE vehicle is equipped with multiple sensors connected to a central unit. The latter communicates with the driver in Bluetooth via a smartphone application and with the operator of the carrier in 4G via an internet application. The vehicle is also equipped with a beacon and an alarm that trigger each alert.
Several innovative components of the solution are patented.
The BENALU EASY SECURITY solution includes the following controls and alerts:
– Check the condition of the rear door: the solution informs the driver and the operator in real time of the state of the door (open / closed) and activates an alarm if the vehicle is moved with the door being opened;
– Control of the state of the tarpaulin: the solution informs in real time of the state of the tarpaulin and activates an alarm in case of displacement of the vehicle with the tarpaulin being opened;
– Control of the underrun protection status: the solution informs in real time the state of the underrun bar and activates an alarm when the vehicle is moved with the underride bar in the raised position;
– Control of the tipping conditions: the solution controls in real time the tipping conditions (tractor / tipper alignment, tilt of the vehicle) and activates an alert if the conditions of a safe tipping are not met;
– Control of the condition of the ram: the solution informs in real time of the state of the ram and activates an alarm in case of displacement of the vehicle with the ram being under pressure;
– Check the condition of the load: the solution includes a camera that allows the driver and the operator at any time to visually check the condition of the load.
This is how the EASY SECURITY solution leads to a reduction in the risks of damage to people and property – and associated costs – while improving the productivity of tours by drastically reducing the time required to carry out mandatory checks.
This solution, which is exhibited at the SOLUTRANS 2019 show, was presented to some of the group’s partner customers who gave it a particularly positive response. Eric Sapin, CEO of STB (France) declares: « Knowing the condition of the vehicle during manoeuvres and on the road is essential to limit the risks associated with the transport of bulk in tipping semi-trailers. We have waited a long time before a connected tipper solution that provides in real time and on a single screen the status of all the sensitive components of the vehicle is available. « The EASY SECURITE solution from BENALU fully meets our expectations. This is a real plus for our operators and drivers who now have a solution to work safely while improving the productivity of their tours. »
The EASY SECURITE solution is already industrialized; the connected vehicle is available on order.